IT Recruiting Liaison (Government)
MicroTrain, an IT training and recruiting provider has an opening for an IT Recruiting Liaison at our downtown Chicago location. This is a full-time, internal position (not contract).
The IT Recruiting Liaison position serves as an intermediary between IT recruiters and the workforce system (within local government entities) across Cook County to help identify, screen, and place out of work IT professionals into available job openings with local employers, via a Federal program headed up by the Department of Labor.
- Collaborates with Case Managers across the broader workforce system to create a strong candidate pipeline for referrals for open IT sector job leads
- Receives job openings from recruitment staff, analyzes employer technical requirements, identifies and screens job seekers for qualifications to fill open job leads
- Assists with the education of the Cook County WorkNet system for technical training trends and employer requirements
- Conducts industry research on new technologies, hiring trends, in demand technical certifications and skill sets
- Provides advocacy, assessment, and employment assistance services to individual job seekers looking for employment in the IT industry
- Completes required assessments for individuals registered in the program to identify needs and barriers associated with obtaining or maintaining employment
- Assists job seekers with documenting previous work history, and determines additional supports needed to help them obtain employment within the IT industry
- Assists program participants with development of an individual service plan within the program framework, addressing how to manage those barriers in the employment context - provides necessary referrals, skill development, etc. to manage such barriers
- Assists participants with practical job search, career development and job-related issues
- Helps to facilitate workshops for technical resume writing, social media usage, professional branding, and job search best practices
- Responsible for the creation of, update, maintenance, and storage of participant physical and electronic files as outlined by programmatic guidelines
- Bachelors Degree and 1+ years experience in technical IT recruiting preferred.
- Required knowledge of Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA and other related certifications and technologies.
- Experience in a case management setting working with job seekers who may possess multiple barriers affecting employability preferred; or documented combination of five years experience and related education.
- Knowledge of the Department of Labor’s, Workforce Investment Act and/or services required.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Chicago and surrounding areas
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
- Proven knowledge/ability and usage of social media outlets (LinkedIn, Twitter) to disseminate information to multiple stakeholders.
- Proficiency utilizing IWDS and/or related database preferred.
- Typing test and writing samples may be required.
- Social media or similar product development/management experience is required
- Some Project Management experience is preferred
What we offer
- Competitive Compensation Package, which includes a base salary plus a commission program
- Benefits programs through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Vacation Time and PTO
- Employees have access to free MicroTrain IT Training classes
- Convenient location for commuters (steps from Brown Line CTA stop, a few blocks from Metra stops)
- Dynamic, fun company culture
MicroTrain is a leader in the Chicago area, imparting technology and management training to help IT professionals improve their knowledge, gain formal IT training and certification and advance their careers. MicroTrain is an Illinois State Certified Training organization, as well as Certified Business Partner with the Project Management Institute (PMI) and Microsoft. We have provided quality training to over 10,000 professionals in the Chicago area, making us one of the largest and most successful training companies in the area. MicroTrain’s candidates have the knowledge, expertise and certifications that make them the ideal candidate for a range of organizations.
Our training and certification programs are not limited to individual IT candidates. MicroTrain also offers Corporate Training for both large and small companies, which can enhance workers performance, improve profitability, reduce attrition and increase worker productivity.