MicroTrain, an IT training and recruiting provider has a client (technology sector) which is seeking a Virtualization Architect for their Chicago, IL (downtown) location for a direct hire position (not contract).
- Design and implement virtualization solutions based on best practices to support both data center and distributed server infrastructures and desktop environments.
- Manage implementation of virtualization projects, from both technical and communication aspects.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and guidance to team members. Design and deploy automation/workflow solutions in collaboration with Developers, QA Engineers, Release Managers, Deployment Managers, Project Managers and Operations staff.
- Provide infrastructure design, implementation planning, deployment support, software strategy, system troubleshooting, performance engineering and optimization, maintenance strategy.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Secures network and server systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects and implementations.
- Participate in problem management and root cause analysis and maintain 24x7 availability and monitoring of business system servers
- Oversee planning, design, implementation, and operation of virtualization infrastructure projects and participate in the specification of business requirements and implementation plans for technically advanced internetworking solutions.
- Develop complete virtualization solutions taking into account infrastructure, data protection, high availability, resource management, automation, disaster recovery, and application requirements.
- Develop automation for VM creation, configuration, and provisioning.
- Documents the current and future solutions. Provides a consistent framework for business solutions.
- Leverage automation framework to improve processes, automate deployment, and improve manageability of environment.
- Review and assess new technologies as they apply to process automation.
- Design and completely implement functional, scalable automation and orchestration solutions.
- Expert level experience with vCloud Director, vSphere, ESX/ESX, Hyper-V, VMware View, Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, XenServer and related VDI products.
- Hands on experience with VMware vSphere, Citrix VDI-in-a-box, Citrix XenApp and other virtualization products.
- Experienced in the design and operation of large scale Virtualization, Utility Computing and Cloud based platforms in a SaaS environment.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with server applications in a Microsoft and Linux networked environment.
- At least 5+ years of Data Center experience.
- At least 2 years technical implementation experience with storage technologies (SAN, FCP/ISCSI and NAS)
- 3 years of experience with automation and scripting technologies.
- Advanced Technical Certifications including knowledge of virtualization, networking, storage, and compute platforms.
- Experience & passion supporting a production infrastructure.
- Experience developing or contributing to the development of an enterprise architecture and/or Infrastructure architecture framework is strongly desired.
- Experience with diverse hardware platforms ( Netapp, Cisco, EMC, etc)
- Experience with cloud automation technologies.
- Experience with Cisco UCS.
MicroTrain is a leader in the Chicago area, imparting technology and management training for companies and individual IT professionals. We are a Certified Training organization, as well as Certified Business Partner with the Project Management Institute and Microsoft. We have provided quality training to over 10,000 professionals in the Chicago area, making us one of the largest and most successful training companies in the area.
About MicroTrain Recruitment Services
MicroTrain Recruitment Services transcends the norms of the recruiting industry by utilizing demonstrated methodologies to attract and engage the most sought after IT talent. Combining IT integrity, business expertise and vastly experienced personnel we partner with our customers to enable them achieve significant results. As a certified training provider our training and certification process ensures the technical validity of the personnel we deliver.