MicroTrain, an IT training and recruiting provider has a client (consumer products sector) which is seeking a Senior .NET Architect for their Chicago, IL (downtown) location for a 6 month contract position (with the option to extend).
The .NET Architect will oversee the implementation of multiple concurrent custom solutions built on .NET platform. The .NET Architect will assist teams in design problems, platform best practices and standards compliance. In addition, s/he will focus on improving the quality of software delivery.
- 4+ years of team leadership (5+ person team)
- Problem decomposition and analysis
- Effective task assignment
- Task estimation
- Must be an effective communicator with technical team and business stakeholders verbally and in writing (documents and e-mails) capable of adjusting tone, complexity and level of detail appropriate to the audience
- Ability to clearly articulate issues, solicit and propose alternatives, and guide the implementation of the chosen alternative
- Experience setting and enforcing shop standards via Automation and Inspection (code review)
Must be well versed in the best practices from Microsoft in
- ASP.NET MVC 2+ (3 preferred)
- WCF SOAP and REST Services
- Versed in Web 2.0 Standards and Best Practices
- HTML 4+
- CSS 2/3
- Must be familiar with Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2010
- Use of work items for requirements, task assignment, and defect tracking
- Source control
- Build and deploy best practices
MicroTrain is a leader in the Chicago area, imparting technology and management training for companies and individual IT professionals. We are a Certified Training organization, as well as Certified Business Partner with the Project Management Institute and Microsoft. We have provided quality training to over 10,000 professionals in the Chicago area, making us one of the largest and most successful training companies in the area.
About MicroTrain Recruitment Services
MicroTrain Recruitment Services transcends the norms of the recruiting industry by utilizing demonstrated methodologies to attract and engage the most sought after IT talent. Combining IT integrity, business expertise and vastly experienced personnel we partner with our customers to enable them achieve significant results. As a certified training provider our training and certification process ensures the technical validity of the personnel we deliver.